Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekly Analysis 1

This week I wanted to discuss the AT&T and T-mobile Merge. AT&T wireless plans to buy T-mobile for 39 billion dollars. If this gets approved, this will leave only three major wireless companies competing with each other. AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless. This will leave not many wireless options for consumers....

I think this is a stupid idea and I hope it doesn't happen. So far between all of the major wireless companies T-Mobile is the cheapest out of all of them. AT&T is just money hungry because they are the most expensive. AT&T forces you to purchase a data plan if you buy a Smart phone while Tmobile does not. What about the people who want a smart phone but do not want to purchase a data plan? What about the people who cant even afford a data plan on top of a voice plan? AT&T is so greedy, that they announced that if they get T-mobile, people with 3G phones, will be forced to upgrade their phones. I think this will only make people leave their company. AT&T has been known to kick people off of their current plans if they have been grand fathered in at lower rates over a certain period of time.



Whats keeping AT&T alive? The iPhone. The iPhone has been deemed the most awesome phone ever. If it werent for the iphone I dont think that AT&T would even stand a chance. AT&T better watch out because Verizon also has the iPhone. Verizon offers an unlimited data plan which is an Iphone lover's dream. At&T puts a cap on on their data plans at 2GB.


Only time will tell with the AT&T Tmobile Merge.

No comments:

Post a Comment